Andrew R. Thomas
- Oil and gas transactions. Over 20 years of representation of all aspects of the oil and gas industry, including mineral rights owners, service companies, producing companies, and national oil companies.
- Electricity transactions. Negotiation and drafting of Power Purchase, Interconnect, ESCO and other agreements common to the electricity business.
- Litigation. Representation of commercial interests in oil and gas, energy and environmental disputes, with a specialty in royalty litigation.
- Regulatory. Representation of various interests in energy and environmental regulatory matters, including unitization hearings and permitting applications.
- Andrew R. Thomas is of-counsel to Meyers Roman, specializing in energy law. He also is an executive in residence at Cleveland State University’s Levin College of Urban Affairs, where he administers the Energy Policy Center, undertakes energy policy research and provides contract support and sustainability planning for Campus Facilities. His research focuses on oil and gas, distributed generation, electricity markets and the energy/water nexus. Mr. Thomas chairs the University Clean Energy Alliance of Ohio shale working-group, and is the director of and an instructor for the UCEAO Ohio Shale Academy. He writes frequently for Crain’s Ohio Energy Report and Shale Magazine.
- Prior to joining Meyers Roman he was general counsel for a fuel cell company in Cleveland, Ohio, an oil and gas attorney in private practice in New Orleans, Louisiana, and a geophysicist for Shell Oil Company. He has been teaching industry courses on oil and gas contracts and negotiations for the past 20 years at various venues around the world, most recently in the Middle East.